Why I Wanted To Be An Internet Marketer


Here are a few of the reasons I wanted to be an Internet Marketer, perhaps you can relate. The freedom that comes with running your own online business is something to be experienced by all at least once in your life. It’s never too late!

  1. 1. Set my own hours – There is something to be said for waking up when you want, grabbing a long shower, making a healthy breakfast for you and yours, perhaps a trip to the gym (with a quick stop off at Tim Horton’s) before you start your day? The important thing to remember is to stick to the schedule to have set for yourself, with freedom comes responsibility, if you wish to be successful, you WILL have to put in the time to grow your online business.
  2. 2.      Scheduling and Goals – I use a “To Do” list daily to help me stay on track, it lets me keep my priorities straight, and I can see at a glance how my day is progressing.
    I also use a whiteboard which I now refer to as my “Goal Board” where I list out the bigger goals that I wish to accomplish for the month. As I accomplish them, I simply run a line through them. I typically write out about 20 goals per month, and accomplish between 15 or more.

  1. 3.      Set my own wage – Instead of letting someone else determine what your worth, you have the freedom to set your own wage, by how much work you’re willing to invest in your online business. If I want to earn more next year, perhaps I’ll invest some time learning something new this year to help make myself more marketable.  There are tons of quality sites out there offering free information, and even more offering some great tips and how to courses for very affordable prices. I tend to try and pick up these courses from blogs or sites that I’ve found useful, it’s a nice way to support these individuals, and say thank you at the same time.

  1. Be a Professional Student – For myself, and many others there is a constant need to know how things work, what makes them tick… One of the things I love most about Internet Marketing is the fact that I’m always learning, and studying new ways to promote my business, new ways to make money online, new ways to get my message across.  In my years online I’ve learnt so much from so many, and will always be grateful to those that came before me, and helped pave the way through trial and error and were good enough to share.

  1. I’m International – My business is available to everyone around the globe, I’m truly an International business, and I’m available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Where else can you own and operate such a business? My market is huge, and grows each and every day. There truly is not limit other than myself, my ability, or my creativity!
  1. Tools to Automate – There are plenty of tools to help me grow my business online, tools that help automate my business allowing me to service the growing number of clients without expensive out sourcing. One of the biggest dating sites in the world Plenty of Fish is still being run out of an 83-square-metre apartment in downtown Vancouver. Markus Frind who owns and operates the popular dating site spends approximately 2 hours a day and makes as much as $10 million per year. (I believe he has recently hired an assistant to answer emails, etc.)
  1. 7.      My Product Lineup – As an Affiliate Marketer, I have access to thousands of products, some of which are the most sought after material in the online world, and it came with nothing more than the ability to market those products that related to my niche.

  1. 8.      No more Commute – Really? Do I need to say anymore? J No more traffic, no more unexpected accidents on the way to work, causing me to be late for that important meeting, no more sudden snow storms that catch my city off guard, causing a two hour delay on the way to work. I’ve timed it, and I what used to take me 35 minutes each way, now only takes 20 seconds.

  1. 9.      Overhead Costs – The traditional brick and mortar type businesses typically require much more overhead costs. I had a Bottled Water company that had warehouse costs, forklift rental fees, fuel for trucks, bottles, coolers, yellow page ads, rent, salaries, etc. It added up to quite the big number before I even started my day. Now my budget is much lower, I’m able to more of the advertising myself, and if I run across something I’m not familiar with, I have the time to research it, and decide if it’s something I’m willing to learn and take on, or if I want to hire an expert.

10.  Holidays – My holidays used to be dictated by seniority, and the “needs of the business”. Now, I can take as much time as I require, whenever I require. My business is portable, and as long as I have a laptop, and an Internet connection, I can take care of business wherever I wish. 

I’m sure that if I asked 20 different work at home entrepreneurs I’d receive as many different answers as to which benefit they place highest on their list of reasons to work at home vs. a more conventional JOB, but what it all boils down to, is YOU and your own personal views, and priorities, things that are important inYOUR life

Source: www.plrinternetmarketing.com